We had an event full December It started out with my leg killing me! I noticed one day that on one of my scars from my past surgeries was red, hot and was a bump. I thought maybe I did something and it would just go away then I thought no cause its hot maybe its an infection, then I thought how? so I just tried to ignore it well it was hard to do because it hurt to walk it hurt to wear pants it hurt to bend it it hurt to do anything. So then after about 2 weeks or so I finally had Bryce call his cousin that is an orthopedic surgeon to see if he would look at it and he said sure come over so we went to his house and he was stumped he asked us to come in to the office in the morning he stuck a needle in it to see if there was an infection in there and he couldn't find anything so he called it a bruise and sent me to physical therapy I went there twice and it got allot worse it started pealing and turning yellow around were it was pealing so i told them i didn't want to keep doing this they sent me to my family Dr. he saw it and said i need to cut that open now that is for sure an infection so he did and told me i need to get an IV cause there is an infection in there and we need to start antibiotics, did all that and went home i had to go back every other day to let him repack it with gaze so it didn't close up to fast and the inside had time to heal, then we did an MRI to see if the infection was in the bone cause it still hurt to walk I got the MRI done and they found it was in the bone, when they got the results back from the lab they found out it was a staff infection, they came to the conclusion that when i stretched my leg 12 yrs ago and had the rods into my leg for 6 months an infection got in there and hid in a piece of dead bone that was in there, and who knows what i did to get it agravate but something, so he sent me to a orthopedic surgeon who looked at it and told me i needed to get that out of there so we needed to do surgery so i was out for a month and had surgery planned for the 30Th.. Surgery went great they got out the dead bone the infection and found a cyst in the bone also so they got that out too, they also cut out my old scar and closed it up. I was in the hospital for two days and got a pick line so i can get my IV antibiotics that has to be in for 6 weeks. A pick line is like an IV in a way its a long catheter (hose) that gets put in right above my elbow into a main vein that goes up my arm and into my heart. I have to be off of my leg for one month if i do put full weight on my leg there is a chance that i could break my femur because the bone they took out was about a quarter size of bone. Then I wont be able to run or do anything active for 3-4 months after that. I am going to post pictures sorry if they are grose.
During all of that we had Bryce's brothers wedding that I was the photographer for, we had Christmas party after Christmas party i had to try to walk to be able to do Christmas shopping Bryce worked ALLOT, Our 5yr anniversary was on the 10Th we didnt take any pictures of that night cause I still couldnt walk so we just went out to dinner and rented a movie, and Christmas
These pictures of my leg were taken with my phone so they arent good, they were taken everytime i went to the dr or when it changed allot.






I Choose You
6 years ago

1 comment:
Steph I think some of those pictures are a little graphic yet they still don't show how bad it got I hope everything will get better soon!!
Post a Comment