The next day was Sunday and Fathers day! So we tried to just do things that didn't cost money so we could keep the Sabbath as best as we could. When we woke up it was raining we had planned on exploring the Cape Lookout beach that morning so since it was raining and the kids were going crazy I got out what we needed for the kids to change into and put it on my seat in the car and sent Bryce and the kids to the beach wile I packed up camp alone then they weren't in my hair and I could do it how I wanted to and then Bryce didn't have to do that on Fathers Day. While I was packing up a lady walked up to me from the camp across ours and told me that she thought me and Bryce were great parents in the way when we got here she hear me tell the kids that they had to help put up the tent too because they were sleeping in it too and just how we interacted with our kids. Such a great compliment! She then gave us some oyster shells for the kids. The people we meet were so kind. Bryce took the camera with him and they explored, I'm a little sad that I never got to see that beach but maybe we will go there again someday. We were checking into the hotel that day in Tigard and then we had a family dinner/talent show that night at the Dickinson's (Blake's Fiance's Family) After we got packed up we headed out to go find something to do until time to check in and on the drive out of Cape Lookout we saw hiking trails and by this time the rain had stopped so we pulled in and hiked around it went to a lighthouse and an Octopus tree it was a nice little hike, then we hiked to the Big Spruce. We then got to the hotel and got a shower and dressed and did presents. When we went back to the car I about died 6 days in the car doesn't do well with the stink! So I then cleaned out the car got about 3 air fresheners to make it smell good. We then went to the Dickinson's to have our party it was fun and last min. Brittin decided he wanted to do a talent, He loves to sing and play the guitar so that's what he did he sang our favorite song "you are my sunshine". Then we went back to the hotel and got a good nights rest!
I Choose You
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment