Friday, July 23, 2010

Surgery

OK i know that my wonderful husband already posted about my surgery but I thought i would post too and go a little more into detail. At the end of December I had surgery on my leg to get an infection out of my bone for the surgery i had to get a pic line in (its like an IV) it goes right into my heart well i kept having really bad chest and back pain so I asked Bryce to either run into my Dr. at work or walk over to his office and ask him what i can do about it and if its normal well the Dr wasn't in his office so he ran into the head ER Dr. and asked him about it and he said that there could be allot of reasons for it and that no its not normal so i should come in right away and get a xray to make sure the tube didn't turn or anything so off i went to the ER to get an xray well they also did some blood work and the blood work came back with something elevated (i cant remember what it is, you would think i could with the line of work my husband is in o well) so after they did the xray and it was normal they wanted to do a CT scan to make sure i didn't have a blood clot in my lungs (going off of whatever was elevated) So i got a CT scan well they told me i have a "large Mass" and that it could either be a Thymoma or a Lymphoma and told me i should get another CT in 3 months and follow up with my family Dr.. I was scared and upset that this was happening so we called my family care Dr. and went in to see him the next day he said he didn't think it was anything at all so I went home and cried for days not knowing if i was going to die because no one wanted to deal with whatever this MASS is. I prayed and prayed and did all i knew i should do to get a better understanding of what i should do. I just couldn't get myself to accept that this was nothing I was in PAIN and i just had a feeling it wasn't nothing so again Bryce ( i don't know what i would do without him he is my HERO) talked to the pathologist at the hospital and got a name of a great Cardio Thorassic Dr. Dr. Collins we called sent over my CT scan and told them we wanted an apt as soon as they could get us in i thought cause he was such a good Dr it would take a few weeks well they called us later that day and said he wanted to see me Wednesday! I started freaking out thinking what did he see that i needed to come in right away!? well we went in and he said he was SURE this was the Thymoma and needed to come out but that he wasn't going to tell me to do it now and that i should decide when is best for me and then get it out but i should get a CT scan every 3 months until i do get it out to make sure its not doing damage. So we went home prayed and prayed and called a second opinion well he said the same thing so we again prayed and prayed and by then it had been 3 months since i had my last CT scan so we went and got another one saw Dr. Collins again and this time he said he wanted some blood work so i got that and he said it would take about a week to get my results so he would call me when they were done. I hate waiting, well he called me and said (again I'm not sure what it is) that the test he ran was supposed to be at .2 and mine was at 4.2 and that my body was trying to fight this Thymoma and it was dangerous for me and i should get it out within the next 3 months so again we prayed and prayed and did all the things to be able to make a good decision. Well we sat down looked at a calender and picked a day. I should have just done it that week it was so hard to wait a month. Surgery went great! They had to make the incision bigger because they fould it was growing up into my neck but they got it all out. The pathologist tested it and found that not only was it the Thymoma Tumor but that i had Myasthenia Gravis which is an autoimmune disease but great news since they got it all out I'm in full remission i will need a few blood tests to make sure its all gone later in life but I'm Glad to hear that i am great for now. Right when I got home the kids wanted to see me Me and Brittin
Me and Jersey
Me and Brundle
Me after all the tape came off

No comments: